Ground source heat pumps use pipes buried in the garden to extract heat from the ground. This heat cis then used ti heat your home.
A ground source heat pump circulates a mixture of water and antifreeze around a loop of pipe, called a ground loop, which is buried in your garden. Heat from the ground is absorbed into the fluid and then passes through a heat exchanger into the heat pump. The ground stays at a fairly constant temperature under the surface, so the heat pump can be used throughout the year.
The benefits of ground source heat pumps:
- Lower fuel bills, especially if you replace conventional electric heating
- Lower home carbon emissions
- No fuel required
- Minimal maintenance
*Information adapted from The Energy Saving Trust
- Telford Tempest Twin Coil Twin Immersion Solar Indirect Unvented Cylinder £1,125.90 – £1,291.48
- Telford Tempest Twin Coil Solar Indirect Unvented Cylinder £683.00 – £795.50
- Telford Solar Twin Coil Indirect Vented Cylinder £396.90 – £743.40
- Telford Tempest Heat Pump Cylinder £1,009.98 – £1,205.00
- Telford Tristor Manual Fill Thermal Store £1,390.00 – £1,455.00