Ground source heat pumps use pipes buried in the garden to extract heat from the ground. This heat cis then used ti heat your home.
A ground source heat pump circulates a mixture of water and antifreeze around a loop of pipe, called a ground loop, which is buried in your garden. Heat from the ground is absorbed into the fluid and then passes through a heat exchanger into the heat pump. The ground stays at a fairly constant temperature under the surface, so the heat pump can be used throughout the year.
The benefits of ground source heat pumps:
- Lower fuel bills, especially if you replace conventional electric heating
- Lower home carbon emissions
- No fuel required
- Minimal maintenance
*Information adapted from The Energy Saving Trust
- Telford Tempest Twin Coil Twin Immersion Solar Indirect Unvented Cylinder £685.00 – £1,091.48
- Telford Tempest Twin Coil Solar Indirect Unvented Cylinder £583.00 – £665.50
- Tempest Indirect Plus Solar Twin Coil Unvented Stainless Steel Cylinder 170L £588.50
- Telford Solar Twin Coil Indirect Vented Cylinder £306.90 – £543.40
- Telford Tempest Heat Pump Cylinder £699.98 – £805.00
- Telford Tristor Manual Fill Thermal Store £1,095.00 – £1,155.00